Good to Know About Accra
Cheap Flights to Accra
Book your flights to Accra with confidence; there’s no commission to pay as you book directly with your chosen flight provider.
Accra is the capital city of the African nation Ghana. English is widely spoken, along with many other languages. This city has a rich history and features many sites, rich with historical stories and legends. For an enthusiast of history and culture, Accra is really a treat.
Top 3 Things to Do:
- National Museum: If offers a great preview in the rich history and culture of Ghana. From art and culture to the evolution of society, this musuem gives an enlightening insight into the history of the country.
- Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park: This place is dedicated to the great leader of Ghana Kwame Nkrumah, and features a monument in his memory, along with his mausoleum.
- Independence Square: It is also referred to as the Black Star Square, and celebrates Ghanian independence. This place features an eternal flame, which was lit in 1964 by Nkrumah himself.
Top 3 Places to Stay:
- Fiesta Royale: It offers huge rooms and luxurious stay, along with facilities like a swimming pool and fitness center. It is also close to various attractions.
- Gye Nyame Hotel: This place offers some of the best services in the city, and is equipped with world-class air conditioning, hot water, and other services.
- Le Baron Hotel: This hotel offers a mini-bar, swimming pool, playground for children, and a beauty salon.