Good to Know About Dar es Salaam
Cheap Flights to Dar es Salaam
The word 'Dar es Salaam' means the House of Peace. It is a city with an influence of the Arabic, German and British architecture. It is one of the most important ports and trading centers in East Africa. It offers pictureque harbour, beaches and many historical buildings, which attract a large number of tourists from across the world.
Top 3 Things to Do:
- Makumbusho Village Museum: This place lies in a village area and features different cultural and art shows. Ngoma dance is a popular dance performance, which is done daily.
- Kigamboni: Also known as the 'South Beach', it is a wonderful beach, with majestic landscape and many recreational activities.
- Wonder Workshop: One of the most popular areas in the city, this place showcases creation of art made out of recycled material. One can see artists working on different artistic items.
Top 3 Places to Stay:
- Hyatt Regency: One of the best places to stay in this place. The hotel offers a luxurious stay, along with a world class spa and Thai masseues.
- Sea Cliff Hotel: It is a modern hotel with a pool and gym, offering a sea view. The fine dining experience is another good point about this place.
- Amani Beach Hotel: It is a high-end place, lying at the outskirts of the main city. This places gives you an opportunity to have complete privacy, and offers luxuries like a big terrace and a hammock. There are other offerings like a swimming pool, tennis court and a green area for the guests.