Good to Know About Freetown
Freetown is the capital of Sierra Leone. It is the location for some of the best beaches in Africa, like Lumley beach, Lakka beach, Toke beach and No. 2 river beach. The tourism sector of the place is severely underutilized. Transport options are varied and easily available. There are a number of tourist attractions that bring a number of tourists from all across the world.
Top 3 Things to Do:
- National Rail Museum: It showcases a number of steam and diesel locomotives and is a renounced heritage site. It also features a carriage used by HM Queen Elizabeth II.
- Tacugama Chimpanzee Sanctuary: It offers a 4 wheel drive into the Sanctuary and a golden opportunity to witness the wildlife up close and personal.
- Charlotte Falls: Magnificent experience of the charlotte falls and trekking areas in the surroundings. An incredible opportunity for the nature lovers.
Top 3 Places to Stay:
- The Place, Peninsula Road, Tokeh Beach: One of the most popular holiday resorts. It boasts of the best service and food in the town.
- Radisson Mammy Yoko Hotel: It was the first truly 4-star hotel in Freetown. It lies close to various bars and hotels.
- Hotel Barmoi: It offers a good view of the Atlantic Ocean and two small pools, along with the modern facilities.