Good to Know About Port Harcourt
Port Harcourt lies in Nigeria and falls in the rich Niger delta. It is seen as the heart of the flourishing oil industry in Nigeria. It is a well planned city. Port Harcourt was branded as the World Book Capital in 2014 by UNESCO. The city hosts Port Harcourt Book Festival, which is an annual event and draws literature lovers from all across the world. The city showcases a vibrant and lively night life and has a number of lounges, clubs, dance bars and restaurants across the city.
Top 3 Things to Do:
- Borokiri Market: It is a famous place where tourists hang out and shop and explore into the culture of the city.
- Port Harcourt Zoo: Another tourist attraction features a wide variety of wildlife.
- Izumini River: This place is located an hour drive from the city, and is quite popular among the tourists.
Top 3 Places to Stay:
- Le Meridien Ogeyi Place: One of the best options for accommodation in Port Harcourt. It offers all the modern amenities and options and has a luxury attached to the name itself.
- Hotel Novotel Port Harcourt: It is another good option in the city. It is a high-end option and offers all the modern facilities to its guests.
- Londa Hotels: It is an exotic place to stay and showcases an outdoor swimming pool, fitness centre, bar and a restaurant.